Tour-Makers is PANNZ's National Touring Agency which supports the touring of professional Aotearoa theatre, music and dance and is a key initiative working toward a sustainable touring network in New Zealand. Our initial focus is on managing and supporting medium to large-scale national tours and delivering a minimum of two tours a year that include at least 3-4 centres. We have been on the road since 2015, delivering significantly more shows, to more centres across the country and we're not showing any sign of slowing down!
With a strong focus on audience development and working toward sustainable audiences, we work closely with venues and producers to bring more professional New Zealand productions to more people in their own community. Previous tours include: Daffodils, That Bloody Woman, The Mooncake & the Kumara, The Modern Maori Quartet, Little Shop of Horrors, The White Guitar, Jekyll and Hyde, Pango, The Māori Sidesteps, Still Life with Chickens, A Doll's House, and Wild Dogs Under My Skirt. For a full list of shows current and previous, visit our Show listings.
Special acknowledgment to Creative New Zealand for their support and vision for touring in New Zealand.
Expressions of Interest
Tour-Makers applies to Creative New Zealand’s Touring Fund for a contribution towards the costs of national tours including transport and freight between centres, accommodation and per diems. We provide services in assisting with the delivery of the tour, to be determined on a case-by-case basis. This can include producing and touring advice and guidance, marketing and audience development, production management, tour development and negotiation with venues and festivals, as well as assisting in brokering collaborations.
Expressions of Interest for touring with Tour-Makers in 2024 will open in June 2023. If you would like to discuss future touring opportunities with Tour-Makers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour-Makers 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Be a New Zealand production, produced in New Zealand*
- Be within the genres of Theatre, Dance, Music (with dramatic context - i.e. will appeal to an audience in a theatre setting)
- Be a medium to large-scale production, incorporating a minimum of 3 performers on stage
- Be suitable for venues with a capacity of 200+
- Have already been premiered, or has a confirmed premiere date in venue or festival, by April 2024
- Not already funded by Creative New Zealand to tour. Extensions to funded touring may be considered
- Be available for touring in 2024
* Note: New Zealand productions may be an adaption or version of an international work, but must be produced in New Zealand by a New Zealand-based company, and engaging predominantly New Zealand-based artists.
- The production is of high quality
- The production has already had a season and does not require further development
- The Producer or organisation has a track record of successfully producing and/or touring productions
The production is designed, or can be re-designed to tour ie. set must fit in up to a maximum of one three tonne truck, and can be packed in one day, with a performance the next day, and is able to be performed in up to four different locations in a week
- The production is in demand ie. there is strong presenter interest in the work (this can be confirmed interest, or Presenters who have had discussions with the producer/company and indicated their interest in programming the work in their venue or festival)
- The show has a full suite of high quality marketing materials, which do not require further development
- There is value in touring this production to regional New Zealand. We are keen to tour Māori and Pasifika work, and work that showcases diversity, extends an art-form, and encourages audiences to stretch their understanding of the world around us